Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lame

Thanks for all the nice comments on Fifi. I have to admit that it feels a bit too sexy to wear to work. Every time I put it on, I feel like a pin-up girl and it doesn't really go with the "professional" look I try to project at work. I should start a new KAL: "Not too sexy knitters club".

My blog manners have gone to the dogs, so if you've left comments lately, thank you very much for taking the time. In the past I would have hunted down your blog (if you have one), and sent you a personal e-mail or at least left a comment on your blog. I have been visiting your blogs (I know who you are), but I haven't been commenting. I have no excuse other than terminal laziness and a case of manic knitting.

My friend Dee is one of those thoughtful people who always sends thank you notes. I want to be one of those people. I have stacks of lovely cards (some were even gifts that I never sent thank you notes for), but even if I do take the time to write one, I carry it around in my purse until the envelope becomes ratty and the price of postage goes up and then it's too late to send it without adding a $.01 stamp.

OK, so I've been rude blogger, but I've been a good knitter. Not only did I finish Fifi, but I also finished Ginger and the v-neck cardigan from Louisa Harding's Modern Classics. I'm nearly finished seaming the cardigan from Paton's Next Step 3, have started the first sleeve of Ariann and started Frances from the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Collection that I posted about earlier. I also frogged my Monkey socks. But I have no photo's to show! Tonight I made some fabric trading cards for my quilting group (nope, not one photo). I had this idea that I'd try to entice people into participating in a swap. As usual I procrastinated and then had to whip up some samples. Why do I do these things? I should have a personal assistant. Not someone to hold my umbrella or shopping bags, but to smack me up side the head whenever I come up with these ideas.

You probably know that the new Knitty is finally up. I want to like Mr. Greenjeans and Cherie Amour, but they're just not what I'm looking for these days. As a matter of fact, I don't like many of the new patterns I see out there. I waited forever for Veronik Avery's new book, but when I finally saw it, there wasn't anything in it to justify buying the whole book. Ditto with Fitted Knits and Knitting Nature. The new issues of Interweave and Vogue both left me wanting too. Sigh. I want to knit this and this. I want to stay home all day and knit.

I'm going to go limp along now. Photos soon. Thanks for reading. Really. I mean it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you are posting. Err I haven't gone near my blog in about two months. Talk about L A M E. Sheesh. =) I think Fifi looks glorious but I can totally understand what you are saying.

I am knitting but I am starting projects and then losing interest really quickly. Ugh I need to kick start my blog and knitting mojo. =)

Have a great week! =)

Susan Luni said...

Thanks for the link to Juliet. I think it is very nice, but somewhat reminds me of Belle in the new IK, only nice. Like a sweet, flattering version of Belle. (This sounds bad, because Belle is not popular.) Not that they're anything alike; it's probably the bulky yarn and the similarity between garter and reverse stockinette. I don't see why victorian rules of manners should apply to blogging, but I suppose some rules never are ageless. I've been refusing to follow the 'thank you for the comment' rule. Now you've got me worried. :)

Octopus Knits said...

Photos, we must have photos! (only if you feel like it, of course, but I'd love to see your FO's).