Sunday, October 15, 2006

100 Things

  1. I am an only child, raised by my mother and grandmother ("Nana").
  2. I am half Norwegian.
  3. In school I was always reprimanded for talking when I wasn't supposed to.
  4. I was pathologically shy as a child (I know, it doesn't make sense).
  5. Although I love being social, I covet time alone.
  6. I am really anal about keeping my desk organized at work.
  7. My clothing closet is a mess.
  8. Mr. Strange is not my first Mister, he's my second.
  9. He is 18 years older than I am.
  10. We are child-free by choice.
  11. I imagine myself as much taller than I really am (almost 5'1").
  12. I imagine myself much fatter than I really am (not telling).
  13. I used to weigh over 75 lbs more than I do now (before you ask: South Beach Diet and Pilates).
  14. I've never broken a bone, but I am missing my gall bladder.
  15. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
  16. I am blind as a bat without my glasses, which I have been wearing since I was 11.
  17. I love having my teeth cleaned.
  18. I hate math.
  19. I love science.
  20. My goal in life is to be the best person I can be.
  21. I believe in leading by example, but I would rather inspire others to be their best than to have them admire me.
  22. I'm an idealist.
  23. I value fairness and honesty.
  24. People say I am a "Good Dooby".
  25. I love to cuss, but also say things like "Geez Louise", "Holy Cow", and "Jeezum Crow" all the time.
  26. I believe that people are capable of greatness, but I still prefer the company of animals.
  27. I tend to have expectations of others that are too high.
  28. I have a bad habit of assuming that people think the worst of me.
  29. I've always felt like a dork, but now I think that it's OK to be one.
  30. I don't know how to ski and I don't want to.
  31. I can do a full back-bend.
  32. I can't do a cartwheel (OK, I haven't tried in years, but I'm sure I still can't do it).
  33. I've never thought of myself as an athletic person.
  34. I'd rather be happy than wealthy.
  35. I can spend $100 on yarn without batting an eye, but hate to spend money on things like toothpaste.
  36. I am terrible with my money.
  37. I love long distance road trips when I am the driver.
  38. In an alternate universe, I am a race car driver.
  39. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 26.
  40. I like to explore the possibilities when making a decision.
  41. I can be absurdly indecisive about inconsequential things (like which bulb of garlic to buy).
  42. I am afraid of losing my wits and of having a terminal illness.
  43. At my worst, I worry that every new ache or pain is a sign of terminal illness.
  44. I am a night owl.
  45. I have a terrible time getting up in the morning.
  46. I am a procrastinator.
  47. I do my best work under pressure.
  48. I love eating hot, spicy foods that make me sniff and sweat.
  49. I hate cheese that smells like unwashed body parts (except Feta and Romano).
  50. I'm a beer snob - I like it cool, fresh, and bitter.
  51. Best pizza topping: feta, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
  52. Worst pizza topping: anchovies (they look like eyebrows!)
  53. Diet Coke. Dressing on the side.
  54. Brown is my black.
  55. I love just about every color except the generic Crayola "Green".
  56. When I was a kid, I aspired to be like Mary on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show".
  57. I learned valuable lessons from watching "The Brady Bunch".
  58. I do not have cable TV.
  59. When I visit my mother, I love watching fitness infomercials and marathon episodes of "What Not to Wear" and "America's Next Top Model".
  60. I'm nutty about pictures and stories about makeovers of people.
  61. I have had platinum, red and black hair (not at the same time).
  62. I have one tattoo on my back (yes, it hurt, it cost $90 dollars, and no, I don't regret it).
  63. I fantasize about embarking on a radical physical challenge, like running a marathon or hiking the Appalachian Trail, but I hate to be uncomfortable for long periods of time, and I'm kind of a klutz.
  64. I am directionally challenged: I prefer to say "This Way" and "That Way" instead of Right and Left.
  65. I'm not very confident about designing from scratch, but am very good on building on others' ideas.
  66. I follow direction very well, and believe that rules are good as long as they make sense.
  67. I will break the rules if I think they don't make sense.
  68. I always wear my seat belt, but I don't apply sunblock every day and I love sausage and bacon with my eggs (such a rebel!).
  69. When other people break the rules, I get anxious.
  70. I can't watch movies or TV shows where a character is "under cover" or is doing something where they might get caught (Exceptions: I love Woody Allen's "Manhattan Murder Mystery" and Hitchcock's "Rear Window").
  71. I like watching funny love stories and silly comedies with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.
  72. Other than ritual habits, my mood drives my preferences for just about everything I do.
  73. I can drive for an hour with the radio on "seek" mode, waiting for the "right" song.
  74. I have 6 CD's loaded in my car player, but can only remember what 2 of them are (Dave Matthews custom compilation from a friend).
  75. I don't rent movies I've already seen or re-read books I've read.
  76. I used to read ALL the time before I started knitting and working at a job where I have to read things all day.
  77. I don't mind working, but I wish I didn't have to. If it were up to me, I would work 3 days a week in a retail setting just for fun.
  78. My dream house is on a quiet pond or lake and my sewing room and knitting chair have a view of the water.
  79. I don't believe in heaven or hell: I believe it's all right here and we create it.
  80. I don't believe that God is a being. I think it is everything.
  81. The only things I kill are bugs that eat me, my food, or household materials.
  82. If I had to kill my own food, I'm sure I'd be a vegetarian.
  83. I don't like tofu.
  84. Milk and runny eggs make me gag. I can't even eat Cadbury eggs because they look like runny eggs.
  85. I hardly ever vomit. Seriously. It's been years.
  86. Ice-cream is my favorite comfort food - especially flavors with coconut, cinnamon, or pumpkin.
  87. I don't like melons of any kind, but I do like watermelon flavored hard candies (even thought I rarely eat them).
  88. My biggest pet peeve is people talking on cell phones while shopping or driving.
  89. I hardly ever use my cell phone.
  90. I tend to be a perfectionist, if only to make up for my slacker youth.
  91. I get really cranky when I'm too hot.
  92. I'd rather be very cold than very hot.
  93. I only drink hot beverages in the morning and like my cold beverages very cold.
  94. I leave half-finished beverage containers everywhere (my car is a Diet Coke graveyard).
  95. Because my legs are often too short to reach the floor on most furniture, I prefer to cross my legs.
  96. My mother always told me that sitting cross legged would ruin my knees.
  97. My mother was right.
  98. I visit my mother for the weekend every 3 weeks. I have been doing this since I was 18. She lives an hour away.
  99. My mom is one of my best friends.
  100. Mr. Strange and my mom know me better than anyone else.

1 comment:

Sara Kirby said...

So interesting. Feel like i just learned so much about you! I agreee or relate with 25, 35, 37, 43, 46, 47, 60, and 64.

Oh and one of my new favorite non-cuss terms is "Cheese and Rice!". I totally stole it from a movie but I think it's cute and effective when you are around children!