Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Lordy lordy, look who's 40!
This is Charlie, one of my best friends in the whole world and today (actually Friday) is his birthday!

This photo was taken 22 years ago on the 4th of July. We were on our way to watch the fireworks at Capital Park in Augusta (Maine) with all of our friends ("the gang"). It was our last summer together before Charlie went away to college.

Have you ever had a dear friend that you lost touch with and wondered about? Charlie is one of those people for me. Just last summer, we finally reconnected after nearly 13 years! I can't tell you how happy I am to have him in my life again, even if he is nearly half way around the world! He is the one who urged me to start blogging ("It's so easy" he said).

If you haven't noticed the link to his website it my sidebar, check it out. Just to make it easy, here's the link. Check out his photo diary for some great photographs too!

Happy Birthday Charlie!
You are the BEST!

P.S. - If you have lost touch with a friend, find them!

1 comment:

Octopus Knits said...

Happy Birthday, Charlie! (He has some really great photos!)