Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Laugh at yourself...

Some nutty confessions for a brand new year:


  • I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to load photos directly from my camera to the laptop, so I upload them to Blogger from my desktop, save the post as a draft and then sit and type in comfort on my couch.
  • Speaking of Blogger, I'm too chicken to switch to the new version. Too many technical advances at once - my cranial system is overloaded.
  • I called Toshiba tech support tonight because the laptop froze up (mousepad included) as soon as I turned it on and I couldn't turn it off - yes, I tried ctrl+alt+del and I tried the power button. I was afraid that it would overheat and cause a fire! Silly me. I needed to hold the power button down for several seconds - major "doh" factor. BTW: the Toshiba tech support guy was really nice and I didn't have to wait very long.
  • I cannot figure out what I want to knit, but I did find a great use for dryer lint:

OK, so it's actually Queensland Collection Kathmandu Aran, but doesn't it look like dryer lint? It was supposed to be the Tweedy Aran Cardigan from Interweave Winter 01/02, but it is going to the frog pond - kerplunk!!

I thought that knitting something bright and cheerful might be called for, but this isn't tiddling my winky any more than the dryer lint. Geez, almost forgot! Here's my first FO of 2007! A sheep!
Technically it's not completely finished because it's still a wee damp and I need to stuff it and sew up the seam in the bum. (Right now it's full of plastic bags to give shape while drying.) What is it that my knitting brain is craving? Color? Challenge? I happened on two fun pirate socks today: Jack Sparrow's Favorite Socks from katydidknits and Pirate Arrrrgh-yle Socks over at Moth Heaven. Don't ask me why I love stuff with skulls so much. It's not a goth thing. I like to wear them with irony, as my friend Aimee says. Maybe I need some mittens to match my Pirates Hat! I'd also like to gnash my teeth on Shedir from Knitty's '04 Fall Surprises, but alas! I am lacking a skein of Rowan Calmer and can't find a single substitute. All I know is that I have enough yarn in stash to knit at least 14 sweaters, 7 pairs of socks, and umpteen billion hats and mittens but nothing inspires me. What's a girl to do?

This may sound like whining, but really, I feel better today than I have in weeks. Chloe's surgery went well, and she is feeling better by the hour and so am I.

Hope is my new word for the year - or at least for the month. Maybe I should knit something pink!

No comments: