Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hippy Hooking

I've turned to the dark side my friends. I've been hooking...

Under pressure to create an authentic feel to my Getaway ensemble, I found the perfect pattern for a Groovy Hippy Dippy Granny Square Vest online and have been working my little fingers to the bone with nasty acrylic day-glo yarn, trying to complete it this weekend.

I'm this close, but oh, the pain.

I seem to be developing a callous on my middle hooking finger, and my thumb. Oh how it aches.

If this picture would talk, it would say "voom voom voom", which is the sound of blood pulsing through my cramping muscles. Is it worth it? Abso-freaking-lutely!

Just to give you an idea of the kind of pressure I am under, here are some photos from past Getaways:

2006, The Wild Wild West. I went as a bar maid of sorts, posing here with Sheriff Jacquie (yes, a woman) ...
And the same year, with my friend Mary, a real "rhinestone cowgirl".

In 2005, I was Queen of the Red Hatters. Yes, I know, the "rules" say that you have to be 50 to wear a red hat, but I was chair of the committee that year, and I decided that the idea of having rules was against the rules, and did my own thing anyway. I am so envious of Mary's eyelashes. Stupid glasses.

Lest you think that I am the only one who goes to these extremes, here are some other ladies of evenings past.
I sweat that I did not even recognize the woman on the right (with red hair).

Do you see now? The pressure I am under?

OH!

Only 3 more days to prepare! I still have to make my bag pattern and kits and gifties for my pals and make bell bottoms out of old jeans and pack and and and Oh!

In knitting news, I finished the second sleeve of the cardigan, and no, I didn't frog it. When all this Getaway madness is over, I'll finish it. Until then, you'll have to put up with my pre-party madness!

3 more days! Oh!

No comments: