Monday, September 18, 2006

Orange you glad?

What could possibly be better than receiving a check for a million dollars in the mail from Ed McMahon??

Receiving a box of yarn from Elann! Not just any yarn, mind you, but 12 skeins of the most perfect color of burnt orange that I have been lusting after for Ivy!! I even found a KAL ("Knit Along" for those who don't know the lingo). It will my first since blogging!

I could barely make it through my quilt group tonight until I could rush home to knit my gauge swatch. As you can see, I tend to skimp a little on the 4 inch size...but you get the drift.

I can already see that I'll be making a slight modification to the pattern by starting my first row of the twisted rib section on a purl row - Row 6 in the pattern. I don't like the way the cast on edge looks from the right side.



Can you tell that I am in love with this color? Check out the polish on my unadorned toes.

Poor Olive, she may be taking the back seat for a while....

Mairzey dotes and dozey dotes and liddle lambs eat IVY!!

No comments: